ROUND TABLE \"THREE-MONTH PERIOD FOR THE PROTECTION OF WATER BIORESURS-2018\"
ROUND TABLE "THREE-MONTH PERIOD FOR THE PROTECTION OF WATER BIORESURS-2018"
On April 20, the round table "Three Month period on the Conservation of Water Bioresources - 2018" was held at the University. It was decided:
1. To contact Dnipropetrovsk Oblast and Dnipro City Councils for effective environmental work in Dnipropetrovsk region during April-June 2018 with proposals:
- to prohibit the sale of nets and net materials in the markets, shops of cities and settlements of Dnipropetrovsk region;
- to consider the possibility of limiting / full banning of industrial fishing within the cities and settlements of Dnipropetrovsk region;
- to consider the possibility of granting the Samara Bay Reserve the status of the Regional Landscape Park "Samara Plavni" to reduce the industrial pressure on the water area and improve the state of the largest in the field of natural spawning grounds.
2. To appeal to deputies of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine from Dnipropetrovsk region with proposals:
- to consider the possibility of reducing the size of the material damage to bring to criminal liability under issue 249 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine persons who by their actions have caused significant damage to a certain reservoir, including reducing the size of significant damage for the Kakhovka reservoir (from 5700 UAH to 3000 UAH);
- to regulate on a legislative level issues of more severe punishment for the use of persons devices that are designed to defeat bioresources by electric current.
3. Employees of the Office of the State Agency for Fish Resources in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast (including the Fisheries Patrol), the law enforcement agencies, the Water Patrol will actively interact and involve the environmental community (public inspectors) in order to patrol the reservoirs, rely on the assistance of the Dnipropetrovsk Fisheries Federation, sports clubs, public organizations and associations.
4. Employees of the Office of the State Agency of Fish Resources in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast (including the Fisheries Patrol), the law enforcement agencies, the Water Patrol must constantly inform the mass media, Internet media about the three-month period on the protection of water bioresources, to plan television and radio performances, especially to cover specific results of legal proceedings against offenders.
5. All civil society organizations involved in the round table should monitor the implementation of this Decision on a regular basis and contribute to the coverage of the three-month period on the conservation of aquatic biological resources in print and electronic media.